Friday, March 19, 2010

Thank you

I received this comment from a new online friend early this morning. It nearly put me in tears ... thank you dear new friend for writing these words.

Maybe you are someone who finds encouragement through my blog. But I want everyone to know that words written in the comments like these or in emails encourage me. I try to respond to every email I receive through this blog. Lately it has been getting more difficult as there are quite a few. But if I haven't responded to an email or a comment on the blog, take these words as proof that I have read what you wrote.

I have so greatly struggled with the balance in my life. How do I celebrate these two, wonderful, new lives without hurting people still waiting on just one, wonderful, new life. Thank you Janelle for letting me know that I am managing to share it appropriately. I really try.

And to everyone reading this, please know that I read every single one of your comments. They come as individual emails back to me. If you haven't been commenting, or even if you have, please know that your comments are ways that I find encouragement through this blog just as you may find encouragement (or just a good laugh or rolling of the eyes) through my words. You can post as "anonymous" and then just put your first name in the comment itself if you can't log in.

Thanks again Janelle. You seriously made my morning, my day, maybe my whole week! And if everyone reading this right now could say a prayer for Janelle and her husband -- that they would get a miracle in their lives -- I'm sure it would mean the world to her.

Wendi,

I recently started reading your blog after contacting you through email ("hi again!") :) I have to admit everything you say about your boys shows your un-dying love for them. You are a wonderful mother :)

You mentioned this in your blog: "Have I told the readers of this blog lately how much I love my boys? Sometimes I feel hesitant to say it in case someone who has been unable to have children is reading this blog. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or cause anyone to feel like I am rubbing my boys in their face."

...Well, being one of those women reading your blog and praying to conceive a child, I would like to say (from my perspective) that it is only appropriate for you to express this love (at the top of your lungs, if you must!) despite your audience. Your boys are gifts from God :) And not to loudly express this love (even in your sensitive-to-others blog) would only be an injustice to the true preciousness of your child. Children are blessings (as you well describe). And God would only wish that you not covet this blessing - but share this joy with others :) (Which, by the way, you do very beautifully).

For me, I feel more saddened when I hear of mothers not appreciating the uniqueness of their child. I feel comforted knowing that the children that are here on earth are TRULY being loved by their mothers and fathers and are being appreciated in ways I hope to demonstrate to my own future children. It gives me hope :) (and reminds me that the world is not a cruel place). So revel in it! They are something so-so special, aren't they! :)

Thanks for sharing your stories :)

Many Blessings,

Janelle

2 comments:

Erica said...

That was a REALLY great letter. I think it speaks of great maturity. My Dad always says that the sign of true maturity is when you can be happy for others. It's so much easier to cry with them and tell them how sorry you are as they experience pain. But when someone's life is going great...when someone has been blessed with 2 beautiful boys...it isn't as easy to rejoice in another's happiness, particularly when that's all you yourself want in life.

Having been through a small taste of infertility, I really hurt for Janelle. I pray that, in whatever way God sees best, that He rewards her for her faithfulness to Him and for her steadfast love towards others.

Thanks for posting this; it's a great reminder to us all that when we walk through valleys, we should never cease to be happy for others that are seemingly on the mountaintop. Someday it will be us on the mountaintop, and we'll want others to be happy for us as well!

Anonymous said...

Loved the letter from your reader, and so true. I can't help but think about something I ready over on Matt Mooney's (sweet Elliot's dad) when I read your posts and this letter. He was bragging on his wife who is balancing a toddler and new baby, and he said their joy comes at a high cost (losing their firstborn). I can't help but think of how true that is as well in your life with your struggle with infertility. You have such joy in your boys, and it shines through in your posts. Tracye (from Texas!)