Saturday, March 06, 2010

The first of many?

When I get overwhelmed with having two little boys and wonder if God really thought I could handle this, I remind myself that two tiny babies is as hard as it will be. That from this point out it will get easier, physically at least. (I recognize the teenage years will bring on a whole new set of challenges.)

The good news is, I think I have moved into the "easier upswing" in recent weeks. This is because the boys are now playing together. They are entertaining each other. Instead of being overwhelmed when both of them are awake, I find myself with a few free minutes to send an email or scrub a pot. Oh don't get me wrong. They fight. They yell. They hit. They've started going to time-out when I just look at them, knowing they were in the wrong. But they love and play as well. It's very fun.

I'm also seeing that it could be very dangerous. Take yesterday for instance. I saw Elijah sitting in the grocery cart in their room. I grabbed the camera and as I snapped four pictures, well, you can see for yourself:




3 comments:

grama di said...

O Wendi!!!! I love your blog!! Give my boys their 1-2-3 squeeze....

Brittny said...

so cute!! and yes it will get easier. thankfully it does. i don't think God would give us kids if it didn't easier sometimes. the difficult time are just to remind us Who gave them to us.

Jess said...

Heh Heh Heh! That. Is our house. :)