Monday, March 22, 2010

Swimming ... is ... hard!

Seriously. I think swimming may be the hardest sport that there is.

Today I did just as Lee wrote it up.

I did:
  • 1 lap (50 meters)
  • 1 lap
  • 2 laps (100 meters)
  • 1 lap
And then I thought my arms might just fall off! Seriously. That doesn't seem like very far does it? I mean I run way farther than that. But holy cow it is hard. I think the swim is definitely going to be the most challenging part of the triathlon.

Kristi had a good day. Today was her "flex" day. Every other day we'll be doing the same things but I can't swim on Sunday because the pool isn't open. So I flip-flopped my days. Kristi ran for 20 minutes and also biked for 25 minutes and did an elliptical machine. Go Kris!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure to kick not just use your arms when swimming (I know you know that already). If your legs are stronger and used to more constant activity than your arms it may help with speed and endurance. Can you try different strokes or do you have to use a specific stroke in the triathlon? If all else fails...use flippers LOL.
I know you will be ready...you have the dedication and heart!!!
~Holly

Gabbs said...

One thing we used to do at swim practice was hold onto the kick board and do about 500m just kicking as part of our warm up. Kicking is a major part of the art of swimming. Make sure you're kicking correctly :). I used to love swimming. I always swam the 200m and 500m freestyle.