Friday, March 19, 2010

I did it!!!

After trying everything I could humanly think of and enlisting the help of every computer geek, er, genius, I know, I finally got my blog to stop showing in the google search engine. Go ahead. Try it. If you know my last name, type it. No "Polar North" popping up is there?! Yipee!

While I fully recognize that this does not mean my blog is not "findable" on the world wide web, this is probably enough, at least for now, to refrain from me going private. This is a relief to me. I really did not want to go private but did not know any other way to keep our lives from being "googled."

Please, however, if you have not sent me your email address, do it! Please do not assume that I have you on my list just because you are my mother! I want to make sure that I have this list "ready to go" in case we decide to go private.

As I mentioned previously, we are pretty certain that we are headed for TURKEY in mid-July! We are incredibly excited about this opportunity but also recognize that we want to keep a lower profile in a foreign country. We also want John to have more privacy from other individuals on the Base that he will be treating as a physician. He will be one of three doctors on the Base so he will see and know many of the patients.

So, celebrate the fact that I am still public with me AND send me your email address (flakymn@hotmail.com) if you haven't already.

Hooray for this news and hooray for the fact that both my boys are still asleep at 7:13am so I can share it with you!

5 comments:

Lisa Cronk said...

How did you manage to get it to not show up on Google? I'd like to do the same to our blog.
: ) Lisa

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I used this Lisa:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

However I am not sure if this ALONE worked or if it worked WITH the other things I did.

Let me know if you want more details and I can walk through the whole thing I did as well.

Anonymous said...

Wendi - I'm out of town & not on my computer so I googled to find you today & this was on the 2nd page of my google search: http://flakymn.blogspot.com/2010/03/gas.html. I googled "the polar north defrosts" to find you because I have you marked in "my favorites" on my computer & couldn't remember your site name. I thought you'd want to know. Sorry! I really enjoy following your blog. Your ministry to others through your blog is a blessing through & through! Smiling Angel

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I am okay with someone finding me via "life in the polar north." I just don't want one of JB's patients to be able to google our last name and get a hit! Thanks Angel.

Katie said...

woohoo - good job! I did google all your first names and that didn't show up either. way to go undercover!