Sunday, September 02, 2007

Time enjoyed wasting is never wasted time


It so great to have my parents in town and for JB to have one of his first weekends free. John has been in heaven cooking, napping, reading, and eating the entire weekend. In addition, I think he only has to go in for a few hours tomorrow so this is going to be a wonderful mini vacation for him. I read a plaque hanging at Baytowne Wharf that I think should be his new motto: Time enjoyed wasting is never wasted time.

John often jokes that he would have NO problem being a "kept" man. In other words, he would love to stay at home, take care of the house, and not have to work. Some men would find this difficult for their manhood or just too boring but not John. He would NEVER be bored. If there is a book in the world left to read, how could he possibly be bored.

(Speaking of books, we recently received a $103.00 bill from the Rochester Public Library. I believe this is due to the fact that we accidentally moved with a book -- that I eventually mailed to Lesley and she returned for me. This is how much John loves the library and also proof that he doesn't read his books as fast as he would like.)

It's finally starting to get a little bit cooler as August fades away and September creeps in. My mom has walked with me both mornings, and I haven't gotten nearly as sweaty as I usually do. I wish Mom and Dad could stay longer, but even though we don't live as close as we would like, we are already seeing how our new distance will make for much more time together. It looks like we will end up seeing them in May, June, September, November, December (?), and January. That's not bad at all in comparison to the 1-2 times a year we saw them while we lived in Minnesota.

Today we plan to go see two movies ... well my mom and I will see one and JB and my dad another. We definitely have different tastes. Thanks Tiffany for letting Scrubs out so we can stay out a little longer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Annemarie from El Campo, TX. I've been one of those "stealth" readers of your blog and come via the Hannah blog. Anyway, I'm the one that asked for the Psalm 23 girl to go up. I didn't want Amy(or you)to be confused...I usually sign A. from TX. I hope this clears up any confusion. By the way, your mom looks like a teenager! (That's a compliment!) Has she lost wieght since the pictures you put up from your brother's wedding? Continue to enjoy their visit! A. from TX

Anonymous said...

Annemarie from TX. I don't know you but I love you! I am Wendi's mom and your comment on weight came at a very good time! I think she could have found some better pics to post but right now I am feeling really good!! Bless you!! We are having a fabulous time and looking forward to JB's Inidan cooking tonight!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. D...I told you that you were a hot mama when I saw you at John's graduation. I wasn't joking. You look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Wendi, I'm so glad you're having such a good time with your parents! I'm sooo looking forward to seeing my own in a few days! I miss you all... but am already loving the cooler weather here...

Anonymous said...

Ebby, you always were one of my favorites!! Glad you're adjusting well in your new home? Hope you like your job!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Hi AnneMarie!!! I got it now. A. from T. Matt and Tiffany would love you if you have Texan blood. You also made my mom's day!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Joia, come back soon!!!