Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bor-ing

I am afraid my daily existence is quite boring at the moment. Probably too boring to be worth too much of a blog. But just so that I keep you up-to-date, here are the trivial facts of my existence.
  • Continuing to work 20 hours a week for my job at Mayo.
  • Continuing to work 20-30 hours a week for my job at RLSF.
  • Currently have a cold or allergies or something yucky that is really wiping me out.
  • Continuing to go on a 3 mile walk every morning at 7:30 with Tiffany, William and Scrubs.
  • Usually go on a 3 mile walk every evening around 5:00 with Scrubs. JB will sometimes go with me or sometimes go instead of me.
  • I redecorated our guest room. It looks great! I need to take a photo and share it with everyone.
  • JB finished up his month long nursery rotation this week. He will then be doing ortho which is supposed to be a nice rotation time wise.
  • JB is on call on Sunday. He'll be gone as of 7am Sunday morning and won't return until Monday. Bummer!
  • We have plans to go to the zoo on Saturday with the Northern Florida "parents of Chinese children" support group. However, with how I am feeling now, that will be a no go. Hopefully I will feel better soon.
  • My neighbor around the corner, Heather, has two labs. She and I are going to be swapping out pet-watching services. If we go to the zoo on Saturday, she's going to take care of Scrubs. I have plans to watch her dogs in October.
  • We are hoping to get a hand-me-down fence from someone on base so we can fence in our backyard. Apparently housing can help with these hand-me-down services.
  • The fridge guy came and fixed our fridge today. It was leaking pretty badly. Calling these maintenance people is pretty snazzy! They come fast, and I don't have to pay or worry about any of it.
  • We need to get a pest control service here. One thing I do not like about living in Florida are the bugs! Yuck! Everyone here struggles with this so I know it isn't just me.
  • My bird is chirping a lot lately.
  • I watched Kid Nation last night. Anyone else see this? Pretty interesting show -- 40 children left in charge of themselves.
  • I watched the season premiere of Prison Break on Monday. I love that show.
  • Survivor China starts tonight. Pretty cool they are in China, huh?
  • That's the bullets of my boring life!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

“When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving.”
Stephen Wright

And you thought your life was boring! :)

Anonymous said...

We watched "Kid Nation" last night. Andrew really liked it. That little 8 yr old kid who chose to go home was so cute. I think it will be a fun "family night" kind of show. Linda

The Ray Family said...

Wow Wendi!! You really ARE boring! My birthday is in 7 days. Do I get the same thing the kids get?

I watched the beginning and the end of Survivor. Pretty good!! Should be a good season.In the middle I watched National Treasure. It is one of my all time favorites. Sorry, but Survivor can't compete w/ N.T.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wen, the latest Reader's digest had an article about how being thankful is healthy. I started a list of things that are constant in my life that I am thankful for-example, the lilies always bloom after it rains...well, one that came to mind that I'd thought I'd share- since it goes along with your trivial facts blog; "being thankful for Wendi reminding me about the little things in life so I can appreciate them more". so keep up with your little trivia bullets-what's boring and routine to you reminds us to be thankful for those little things:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't think that post was boring! I like the little life details! :)