Saturday, September 22, 2007

Home Study is a Go!

Well, it's official. We are doing our home study next week. In fact, it looks like we will be doing our entire home study this next week. The study is usually three visits, but because our social worker is travelling from Orlando (and meeting with another family in Tallahassee on the way) she is going to do all three visits at once. She asked if we'd rather her just do two and then we could meet halfway later for the third. We said we'd rather pay her room and board and do all three since who the heck knows when JB would have time do drive halfway to Orlando. So Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday it is!

So, I've been getting advice on Hannah's Prayer, my online support group. Basically the bottom line is, we are supposed to be ourselves and just show her that we have a safe home to raise a child in. So that's what we'll be doing. Being ourselves. Of course, that doesn't mean I am not going to clean like crazy. Or as crazy as I can with this cold making me have to sit down every few minutes.

So it should be an interesting week. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does she get to go for walks around the neighborhood with you and John and Scrubs? And meet and greet all the neighborhood children:)Hope she's in shape!

Anonymous said...

This is such exciting news!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes! =)

Anonymous said...

oh i'm so excited for you guys!
we'll all be praying i know!
with no doubt on the outcome of that homestudy !!
and i loved that picture of adoption as taking a ship to Australia! :) i'm all teary tonite.love you so!
Good thing your mother in law made me laugh reading her comment :)

Anonymous said...

Wendi, do you actually know what she is going to do-maybe someone who has gone thru this has given you some ideas? Does she just pretend to not be in your home and observe or does she interview you about your meal plan/diet, television preferences and the like all day?
Or does she just act like a friend visiting and hang out? And will she be there all day for the three days or come and go between your home and the one in Tallahassee? Whatever happens, I know you and John will "pass with flying colors"! Just be sure to tell her to call me if she wants some family opinions- I promise I'll be nice:) I really like you two!