Monday, September 10, 2007

Okay, okay, I'm back!

So Justin says I lose because I posted those pictures of Scrubs. Maybe I did, but folks, it was so funny we couldn't help but take some pictures and post them.

Also, who was the commenter who wrote the poem about me not blogging? Someone has to claim that one. I'd say it was my Dad as he is infamous for his quick quip poetry. But I don't think my Dad reads my blog so it couldn't be him. Anyone? Anyone?

Scrubs was being CRAZY yesterday. He was just going bananas running laps throughout the entire house. I say "laps", and I mean "laps." He just runs around the living room, down the hall, through the kitchen, and repeats. Over and over again.

Suddenly his collar wasn't clanging, and we didn't hear him running into the walls anymore. I wandered into the kitchen when I heard some whining. We found the pup ON TOP of his kennel. We have NO idea how he got up there, but one thing was for sure. He has NO idea how to get down. It was so funny. Normally, I am the picture taker, but this time, JB went scrambling for the camera. We made Scrubs wait for help until we took the photo. So that's what those are below.

Sunday after church and lunch with our new friends Dave and Jen W. (they have two biological sons and then an adopted daughter, Hannah, from China), we headed home to do some cleaning up. Our guest room is looking great! (All the more reason to visit folks!) John also cleaned out his fish tank and is finally ready to get that up and going and making our house even more of a "zoo".

I had the good fortune of dropping a very heavy battery recharger on my foot. You know you hurt yourself when it is bruising even before you have time to look at it. After Scrubs nearly brought me to my knees in tears (okay so he did bring me to my knees but I did hold back the tears) by stepping on the exact same spot, I spent the rest of the evening on the sofa with some cold peas keeping me company. John wasn't positive I didn't break my pinky toe or the bone leading to my pinky toe, but we decided to wait until this morning. Sure enough, my foot is still black and blue but feeling much better this morning -- so it was probably just a nasty bruise.

This week is a busy one for us. Tonight we need to run some errands, Tuesday night is our first night of puppy classes, Wednesday is Bible Study, and Thursday night is a new monthly "wive's club" outing. The wives have decided we need some "non-kid" time. Since I am already kidless, I definitely agreed! So we are going to try to get together once a month for a book club type get-together. Should be fun! We'll also get together for our weekly lunch/brunch on Wednesday.

Okay, that's a long enough work break. Gotta run!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure doesn't know about the blogs he misses,
But he certainly remembers those butterfly kisses...
And if Wendi forgets to blog on occasion,
It won't be a factor in my love equation...
And Wendi, HaHa, I read today's thought,
And this is the poem your "Dad comment" wrought!
Love, Dad ;-

Amy T. S. said...

While your foot was throbbing, so was my kitty Punky's. I stepped on his foot in the hall and he screamed like a human. It was scary. (He's fine.)

I'm hungry. Got anything to eat?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Hmmmm, maybe I have motivated my dad to come back for more visits. Nice poetry dad!!!! I knew it was you! (Well not really -- the whole, you never read my blog through me off)