Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Reality of living here (and not in Minnesota)

I've been on Eglin Air Force Base for over three months now. I've been feeling a bit homesick -- just missing my life back in Minnesota.

Today, I got an email from a coworker (thanks Angela for reminding that leaving Minnesota was a good thing) back in Minnesota. I remembered why I was glad to leave. The weather in Minnesota is currently:

Angela actually said it was 49 when she came into work this morning. Okay, so read 'em and weep folks. The weather in Fort Walton Beach this morning:


I also always take the time to check the weather back in my former home towns. Bowling Green looks okay:


But Fort Lauderdale? That's a tad warm for September. Unfortunately, the weather never really seems to look different! Here's the result from a Fort Lauderdale weather search:

The results of my findings indicate to me that I am very happy where we are! Loving it here (but still missing everyone I knew in Minnesota).

10 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

It's all what you like, right?

I LOVE this cool, crisp air! No humidity for us!

:-)
BUT I will be looking forward to warmer weather come November! :-)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

We can't wait to share it with you Rachel!!!

And tell Hans not to worry -- we'll keep my dog from licking him!

The Ray Family said...

Wendi-

I am with you sister. I miss all of the lovely people who enriched our lives in MN, but you can't beat the weather here at the beach. Our is almost the same as yours. Gotta go! I'm headed to the beach.

Anonymous said...

Late summer, early fall is the BEST time to live in MN. It's beautiful and the 60-65 degree temps are wonderful.

Having 4 seasons every year is a beautiful thing. MN isn't all about -20 degree weather!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I am sorry anonymous. I must politely disagree. That window of niceness lasts, seriously, like a few weeks. Summer is VERY hot. It is basically VERY cold from October-April FOR SURE. That's 7 months. In addition, September and May aren't always reliable. That's 9 months. 9 months of winter for 2 months of heat and 1 month of nice is not adequate for me. (But I do miss it there! I did love Minnesota despite this.)

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous! It is perfect outside today. I guess that I am in Wisconsin . . . . but it still counts as Minnesota weather

Anonymous said...

I disagree with you, too, Wendi. I look at the weather you posted and long for that coolness.

yuan family said...

I agree with you Wendi! It was warm just a couple of days ago and it is now FREEZING outside. I just got back from a camp fire and was absolutely freezing...I almost needed my winter jacket!

TAV said...

ooh-ooh... may want to check out sacramento:
crisp, cool evenings and mornings (low 56)
warm, sunny, NON-humid days
(high 86)
did i mention sun?! and warmth?! :)
why doesn't anyone want to come visit ME? :)

Anonymous said...

Test post by Deanna