Monday, September 24, 2007

Home Study day #1

I feel very confident that tonight will go fine. Amy should be here to do the home study, stage I, around 6:30pm. However, so far today, things haven't exactly gone smoothly.

For one thing, JB didn't get any sleep last night on call. This means that he is trying to sleep now while I work and try to keep the bird, the dog, and the Wendi, quiet. Good thing for our solid walls and ear plugs. (This also means that he needs the house sooo cold. I end up freezing while I work.)

However, when Scrubs kept barking in his kennel for ninety minutes, I finally went it to see what the problem was. The dog had cut his foot.

That meant I had to wake JB up an hour into his sleep. There was no way I could objectively look at his foot without JB's help so out he came one hour into a midday attempt at catching up on sleep to tell me that in fact the cut was pretty superficial but that I was right to get him up because it did look worse than that. At the same time that Scrubs was bleeding all over the kitchen, he lost a tooth and started bleeding out of his mouth too.

Sigh ...

So I'm trying to get some work done before I spend some more time trying to clean up the house, excluding the bedroom of course so that JB can try to get some rest. I think he is going to take Scrubs to the dog park for a bit later this afternoon so I can really scrub the floors and vacuum.

I'll be sure to update you all on the home study soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Wendi! What a morning you've had! =0/

Is it normal for puppies to lose teeth (like kids)??? I had no idea!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yep, they will lose them all by six months of age! :) His chew toys get a bit bloody but this is the first one I have found.

Anonymous said...

I know it is easier said than done but everything will go GREAT! I have been reading your blog since about April and I know ya'll will make GREAT parents. It would be good if more people could be as commited as you and JB. Good luck these next few days and I will be praying for both of you!!!

Susan :)

Anonymous said...

As the kids say, "Chillax". I'm sure your house is clean before you even start cleaning. I'm sure they're more interested in you than your spotless floor. I know she's going to love you both. Who wouldn't? Linda