Saturday, September 08, 2007

Late, late Saturday

The first part of the weekend has again been wonderful, and again I am so blessed to have my husband home. He did have to work a half day today, but you learn to be so thankful for small blessings -- like a Friday evening, Saturday evening, and all day Sunday together.

Last night we went to a pharma dinner in Destin. It was, as we imagined ... wonderful. The food was amazing! Today, as I mentioned, JB went in to work for awhile while I did a few hours of work and some scrap booking. I also got to catch up with Lesley on the phone. Man I miss her!

John came home and laid down for a nap and as he got up, I went out. I went to the scrap booking store in Fort Walton (it's a nice one -- even had some Africa stuff) and Target to get a nice comforter set for the guest room and some goodies to put in a care package for Matt. I realized when I was out that this may have been the VERY first time since we moved here that I have gone out somewhere -- other than to lunch with the ladies -- by myself. I'm either working, JB has the car, or I'm picking him up, but never actually just spending time solo. It was very fun! I even bought myself a few pairs of shorts and a shirt. I'm really having to revamp my wardrobe from moving to a new climate and losing the weight I lost in Africa. After JB saw how much money I actually spent in 3 hours by myself, I think he is discouraging me from doing it again.

When I got back, we took Scrubs to the bay for a good swim since he needed a bath. If he goes in the ocean, he has to have a bath to get the salt water off of him. Apparently it is bad for their skin and Dalmatians have very sensitive skin. He probably could have gone and retrieved that frisbee another fifty times. He just loves it! He won't retrieve the frisbee on land. He just chases it and sits down and chews it. But he loves to do it in the water.

We had a late dinner at home and watched a movie -- The Sentinel. Not too bad, but nothing spectacular. First half of the weekend has been awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, I'm coming to the conclusion that you really are a very good journalist. Somehow, you managed to hold me captive through something as mundane as, "days off, and a trip to Target". You're good girl.
Linda

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Really?!? It felt like a pitiful post! Thanks Linda. :)