Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ho-hum

Well today is a day that I really don't feel like doing much of anything. My allergies have kicked into full gear, and I feel really icky. Fortunately, I have some flonase and claritin from my last round of this in the medicine cabinet (which is actually a shelf in our linen closet, but you get the idea). I asked JB if I could take this and he said it is exactly what he would prescribe anyway so that's good. I'm struggling to get through the day. We have Bible Study tonight, but I plan to pass on it and just try to rest. Hopefully these meds (and lots of prayers) will kick in, and I'll feel better soon!

There isn't too much else to report on except for the fact that it looks like our Home Study will begin next week! I spoke with Amy, our Coordinator on the phone today, and she said everything is in place to move forward with this. JB starts ortho next week which is supposed to be a very easy (in comparison) two week rotation. So it should be a perfect week to do this!

This morning I went for my usual 7:30 walk with Tiffany, and her parents joined us as they are in town visiting for the week. When we arrived at the bus stop where Scrubs stops each morning to get pet by about 6-10 second graders, Tif said I really need to get a picture of this. So I'll try to bring a camera on our walk one time and take a photo of this scene. Walking with Scrubs is quite an adventure. Not only do we go at 7:30, but we also go around 5:00 as well. He's very popular in the neighborhood and kids will come running out of their house to pet him. He loves it! Some days we don't make it very far on our walk due to the amount of people we stop and say hi to. Scrubs loves all the attention and as soon as we round that corner and the bus stop is in view, he starts panting and pulling as hard as he can to get to those kids. All of them tell him to sit at once, and he has no idea who to listen to.

Okay, off to do some more work. I'm also waiting for the maintenance people to come and fix our fridge. It's leaking water. If you think of it, pray for my allergies. These symptoms are stinky!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Feeling you on the allergy thing. You probably won't get much break now that you are in Florida where things just don't die out in the winter. It's a sacrifice I guess you'll just have to make :)