Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Longevity

Now that Scrubs has made it through the night, I am feeling a bit hopeful. We still know something is definitely not right with him. His liver and spleen looked not-so-good at all at the vet's office. His abdomen is filling with fluid.

But the truth is that the vet had never seen something like this before, and while her guess was weeks or less, we jut don't know.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I am praying for longevity. I was emailing with a friend this morning, and she told me she was going to pray for Scrubs' longevity.

Either way, in a sense, I'm very thankful that we didn't lose him suddenly. We are getting to treasure him. We've given him a spot on a sofa which, as you can tell from the photos, as made all of his dreams come true.  He has always wanted to be on our furniture and due to his excessive shedding we have refrained.

Maybe he is doing all of this to get on the sofa and sit outside with me on the porch last night and eat gobs of peanut butter off a spoon?

Silly dog.

I have cried more in the last 48 hours then I ever imagined I would. I knew I loved this dog but truly had no idea the magnitude of my appreciation for his presence in our home. We simply cannot fathom him not always being here.

For now, we are truly enjoying every single minute we have with him. He is moving a little slower and has been throwing up a bit, but is otherwise acting completely like himself.

I owe it to this dog to see him to the very end. And I'm praying that that end comes much later than any of us are expecting!

1 comment:

Judy Woodford said...

Sorry I assumed from FB that he was gone but I see (thankfully) I was wrong!! Glad you are still getting some time...