Here are some fun facts from the first ten years.
- My blog was originally entitled: Life in the Polar North. When we moved from Minnesota to Florida, I changed it to Life in the Polar North Defrosts. Then we moved to Turkey and I think I called it Life in the Polar North Defrosts and moves to Turkey. After that, I gave up on a name. We are working on moving my blog to a new site. Once that is done, it will be called We Bought a Farm.
- I have written this blog from many states and many countries but most specifically I have lived in: Minnesota, Florida, Turkey (and a little Germany), Portugal, and then Tennessee since this all began.
- I started this Blog with a husband and two love birds. We have since lost the love birds (due to domestic abuse and a big Dalmatian) and have added four amazing children who have rocked my world.
- My first blog entry: First Blog Entry (July 13, 2005)
- My post with the most comments (449!): Introducing Isaac John (May 8, 2008)
- The post that caused the most tears: The Secret is Out (June 23, 2008)
- Hardest post to write: IVF #4 failure (June 12, 2007)
- I had the most blog posts in the year 2010! I had 767 posts. This was a big year as we moved to Turkey and found out we were expecting Abigail.
- As of today I have had 1,295,472 visitors to my blog.
- My blog is most often read by people in: (1) USA (2) Canada (3) Turkey (4) UK
- I had the most blog posts in one month in: November 2013 (95 posts!)
- I have 221 official followers of my blog.
- I have 294 people signed up to follow me to my new blog. (Click here if you haven't signed up.)
So now it is your turn. I'm asking EVERYONE who is a regular reader and who enjoys my blog to please leave a comment telling me what your FAVORITE post of all time was. (Or some other fun memory.)
C'mon. Don't sell me out. Ever since Facebook, I get a lot less comments on my Blog as people often just leave the comment on Facebook. This time I want to see the comments here. If I write every day, surely you can leave ONE TEENY TINY MEASLY COMMENT in celebration of TEN YEARS?!?!