Sunday, July 26, 2015

We Bought a Farm: Pigs are LOUD!

Sunday. JB is working again today. (I really dislike that he was to work on Sundays.) He had to leave at 6am. So I had to do all the animals. Dad and Mom K. are out of town so that leaves only me.

And me has a bad back!

JB and I were talking yesterday as Dad and Mom made plans to leave and he made plans to go to work. What do we do if I am too sick to get the work done as a farmer's wife and a mom?

We did not come up with an answer.

So this morning I have fed and watered our ducks, geese, guinea hens, dog, sheep, and pigs. My back is doing better than it was yesterday -- thank goodness.

Oh! Pigs! Did I mention we now have seven of them? JB picked up five new pigs two days ago, and after being trained to the electric fence, it was time to move them into their new paddock with the sheep.

Take a look at JB, finally wrangling the last of the seven little boogers. I think my favorite part of this video is listening to Sidge laugh -- and cheering against JB so that he could watch his Dad struggle a little bit longer.

(I had to get up in the truck and babysit the other pigs after one of them jumped out of the truck!)

No comments: