Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wee-wind Wednesday

Brant was born on this day in 1982. I was five years old. He passed away in November of 1989. Born with significant disabilities, he was seven years old when he went to spend eternity with Jesus. Six months after Brant passed away, Roy and Joan adopted Brianna. The same Brianna that in 2008 would give birth to our son Isaac. 

April 16 always sticks in my mind. Not only do I know a lot of people celebrating birthdays today:
  • My goddaughter Grace
  • My cousins (and brothers) Jason and Justin
  • Brandi (from Eglin AFB)
  • Mark (husband of my friend Tina in Incirlik)
But today will always be Brant's birthday. And that is something I will never forget.


Here is a post I wrote on July 2, 2007. Brianna had come to visit us at Eglin AFB for a week. This was just a few months before we would get the phone call that would change our life. A phone call asking us if we would consider adopting Isaac. 

3 comments:

Kell said...

Our birthdays were two days apart, Brant a year younger than me. My family was in Florida when I turned 8 (I think) and Brant and I had a joint birthday party. I should dig up the pictures. I loved Brant so much!

Susie Raskin said...

How thoughtful of you to include me on your blog! I must be honest though, Wen, my bday is actually the 9th! However, if you want to include me with this awesome group of people, especially Brant, I would be happy to go with the flow! Hope all is well with you, John, and your beautiful kiddos... Hoping for a smooth and successful move... Excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for remembering Brant today. It was a day that certainly changed our lives. God knew how he would change the course of all of our lives.

How our lives are intertwined!!
Joan