Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday K.I.S.S.: Mother's Day Journal

I asked my husband to help my kiddos get me a journal this year for Mother's Day. Each year, they can draw something, tape something, write something, or color something in the journal. That way I have all my Mother's Day memories in one place. 

I thought this was a fantastic idea and wanted to share it with all the dads and moms out there.

But in the same breath, I wanted to touch on the fact that I know Mother's Day is coming up. This is a day that can be incredibly painful for many men and women due to their own life's grievings. 

I wanted to put a link to an article I shared a few weeks back on UK's Mother's Day entitled: The Wide Spectrum of Mothering.  I have sent this article to my pastor and encouraged him to read it (or something similar) on Mother's Day in order to recognize that this day deserves to be properly discussed, especially in church.

P.S. have a K.I.S.S idea? Please email them to me at wendi@wendikitsteiner.com!



No comments: