Monday, April 21, 2014

Hatchin' CVC Words

CVC words are words that follow the pattern consonant-vowel-consonant. These are considered the simplest words and the starting point of many phonics programs (after some work on initial sounds). These words highlight the short vowels such as the a in cat, the e in bed, the I in fin, the o in top, and the u in sub.

My friend Leina is an elementary school teacher and is always sending me cool stuff. (Please keep it coming Leina.) I LOVED this idea for an Easter game. I am putting it up after Easter because this is something I plan to do with our leftover eggs.


You put three-letter word pictures in eggs. Then you hide the eggs. When the child finds the egg, he looks at the picture, says the word, and then writes it down on his master chart. 


Check it out: Hatchin' CVC Words

No comments: