Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Da-feet

They reread my bone scan at the Clinic. Apparently this is protocol. The second physician who read it said that it definitely was a stress fracture. I guess this explains why the podiatrist said to me: "I don't care what the bone scan says, I say you have a stress fracture." Ha!

However, the reader-of-the-bone-scan-for-the-second-time also informed my doctor who informed JB who informed me that I have two old stress fractures, which look they are almost healed, near the big toe in both my feet. This area has caused me discomfort over the last three years. It's why I have stopped wearing flip-flops whenever I can avoid it and couldn't figure out why other people could wear them all the time. Didn't they hurt your feet?

No. They just hurt mine because I had stress fractures in both feet that were healing.

Sigh . . .

I am hoping this doesn't damage my opportunity for triathlons in the future. Kristi and I are already discussing the next one we can do together when I am on a break back in the States.

We will see.

No comments: