Monday, June 28, 2010

Honorary

Our wifia is six members strong.

But we also have one honorary member. Brittny. She's a year behind us but has been included in our lives since she got here.

Andrea is off to California. Tiffany to Texas. Sarah to Japan. Jodi to North Dakota. Me to Turkey.

Joia will stay. And so will Brittny.

Brittny wrote a post about her wifia friends. She describes my friends perfectly. You can read it here.

I am really going to miss her. What a fantastic neighbor. What a fantastic friend.

Speaking of Brittny ...

Today I dropped Scrubs off at her house while we had our UB moved on out. The cleaning lady has started to work her magic on the inside of our house. The lawn lady has started to work her magic on the outside. And Scrubs' wet nose and tendency to run laps in the yard isn't a good combination for either of those.

I left the boys at TLF with Joia and her kiddos. I thought about leaving Scrubs too, but he just hasn't been himself. He hasn't been eating well and seems really concerned about what is going on. I thought being with Brittny would help. And it did. Not only did he eat, but he came back to TLF seeming much more like himself.

Anyways, our UB. The guy who was moving it told me he thought we were over 1,000 pounds. He said it felt more like 1,500 pounds. Ugh! I am praying that is not the case. I know we get charged if we go over 1,0000 pounds.

They said 1,000 pounds was roughly one room of stuff which is what we sent.

How the heck do you estimate what 1,000 pounds is? And if you have to do it after your HHG has already gone out, what do you do if you have made a mistake? You can't do anything.

This is one of those moments where I have to turn it over to God. There was nothing I could do but tell them to ship it anyway because we have no other options. Our UB is our "essential" stuff. What else can you do? It's not in my control.

The only thing I can control is prayer.

So I prayed that it wouldn't weigh over 1,000 pounds.

I also prayed for the carpet cleaning machine, but so far, it hasn't wanted to get up and start working again. I thought I would surprise JB who had to do clinic today (his last one on Eglin!) by doing some of the rooms while the movers hauled stuff out. But midway through the thing just up and died. No idea why.

Not sure when we can get that back to the Self Help Store and get a new one.

Our final inspection is Wednesday at 2pm.

Please pray we pass inspection the first time.

Anyways, sorry. Rambling.

I am back in our TLF. Joia took fantastic care of my boys (and even did our dishes for us!)

Love that girl.

Love Brittny too.

But I do not love moving or trying to estimate 1,000 pounds.

1 comment:

Brittny said...

thanks. : )