Sunday, June 06, 2010

The Jesus Series: DVD Review

I recently had the opportunity to serve as a reviewer for Booksneeze.* My first review was: The Jesus Series: Life and Miracles Read and Share DVD Bible.

When deciding to be a reviewer for this website (thanks Jessica!), I wanted to make sure that I only chose items that I would want to read or watch.

My first review definitely lived up to that expectation. The Jesus Series: Life and Miracles Read and Share DVD Bible was thirty minutes incredibly well spent. There is no doubt that this video will be a featured presentation quite often in my home.

This DVD was an awe-inspiring, uninterrupted, presentation of Jesus’ ministry along the shores of Lake Galilee and the villages near Nazareth. I watched this with my two sons (25 months and 16 months). My dad also joined us and this video earned his rave reviews as well (quite an accomplishment since he is a very tough critic and also quite a Biblical scholar.) Together we had the opportunity to see Jesus call the disciples, teach the masses, perform miracles, and at the conclusion, confirm that Judas would betray Him.

I have to admit that aside from the fact that the characters have some funny looking noses, the video was incredibly rich in visual effects. The water actually appeared to move and the nighttime skies and backgrounds were rich and visually exciting.

Both my dad and I agreed that while some liberties were taken in advancing the story, there were none that would contradict the Bible. I also appreciated some of the humor that was included and how real Jesus was. He was truly presented as a friend and brother.

I recommend this video wholeheartedly! You and your children will not be disappointed.

*Please note that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

We have one of these DVDs and love it!