Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Trading Insanity for Laughter

I will spare you all every last details of the last two days of my life. They have been, well, ummm, insane, to put it lightly. Lotsa little things. Crazy things. Busy things. Lotsa things. So instead, I'll just present you with a few funnies from our life right now!

As you may recall, when Isaac insisted he "needed caffeine" after hearing me say it, JB pacified him by putting Parmesan cheese on his spaghetti and telling him that it was cheese. Should we have been surprised when last night, during lasagna he repeated the "caffeine please" request. Yep. You guessed it. He wanted Parmesan cheese on his lasagna. This could get quite confusing.

Isaac was not giving JB a straight answer on whether or not he wanted more strawberries. "Look at me Isaac," JB said to him. Isaac looked. "Do you want strawberries? Say, yes or no, Daddy." Isaac looked at him, lifted his fork, and just as he was told said, "Yes or no, Daddy." Sigh . . .

Isaac calls himself "I-C." He can't quite make the "k" sound. The word "kite" is still "tight" and that sort of thing. But if you say anything to him regarding a name, he will respond with "I'm I-C." For instance, if I ask ask him if he is hungry he will say, "No. I'm I-C." If I ask him if he is being silly, he'll tell me, "No. I'm I-C." However, if we ask him if he is a pip-squeak, he quickly changes his tune and says: "Elijah is the pip-squeak, Mommy." :)

My request regarding whether Isaac wanted some more milk last night was met with, "No way Hosea!" Where did he learn that from? I guess me, but truly, I don't remember saying that.

And Elijah is his own barrel of laughs. At the gymnasium the other day, he tripped coming off the mat and hurt both of his feet. He came up to me crying a bit of a fake little cry. I asked him if he needed me to kiss his foot. He held it up, and because I love him so much, I kissed his foot. Then he stopped, looked at me, and held up the other foot so I could kiss that one too. Kissing feet. Geezie peezie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nate and Grace say "no way, Jose" quite a bit-I know it's been a while since he's been with them but maybe he tucked it away-though I like the Hosea:)I thought maybe Grandpa Coach taught them that one!
grandma k