Sunday, August 16, 2009

Waiting on Claudette

We live just northwest of the 7pm Sun dot.


We are supposed to have a Tropical Storm coming through ... the news made it sound like it would be here by dinner time. It's nearly 9:30, and it hasn't come on shore yet even though we lost power for about three hours. Apparently it slowed down quite a bit in the Gulf. JB and I are heading to bed. I guess the rain and winds will pound us while we are sleeping and we'll find out how things went in the morning.

In other news, we were unable to try a new church today as planned. Both boys have some really runny noses. In addition, Isaac appeared to be running a low-grade fever. (We didn't check it because the power was out, and it was going to be a pain to try to take his fever by lantern. But he felt quite warm.) He was also quite cranky today. So, hopefully, we can do some church shopping next week instead. I was really excited about starting to look as we have been out-of-town or had company since we had our last Sunday at Crossway forever ago. I assume Isaac picked something up at one of the play-times we had last week. I took him to McDonalds on Wednesday one day to play, Kidzone on Thursday (with Andrea and Joia's MOPs group), and an open gym at a local gymnastics center with a few other gals I'm friends with here on Friday. Probably a bit too much germs for his system to combat. And then he decided to give it to his brother.

All right. Heading to bed. I'll let you all know about the storm when I wake up in the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for the Lord to lead you to a good/just the right church! I remember it seemed when my kids were under 4 someone always seemed sick as they build up their resistance! hang in there!