Saturday, August 29, 2009

Actual conversation

Saturday. Very busy day.

Run. Car picked up from shop. Grocery store. Mow yard (JB not me). And a baby shower for friend Tiffany. (More to come on that tomorrow.)

True story. Joia rode with me to shower. I said to her as I dropped her off. "Elijah is getting up on all fours. If I had to guess, I'd say he is days to weeks away from crawling."

Make that hours.

Got home. Sat on the floor. Elijah was sitting in his boppy. He leaned forward and fell onto his stomach. He often does. Then he began getting up on all fours and diving. He did it enough times to move across the living room and get to JB.

Later he did it in reverse. He "dove" to me.

Not sure how I feel about this. Excited because we can tell Elijah's been frustrated. He wants to get to things that he can't. He wants to move like big brother.

Good news is that frustration will end.

Bad news is that adventure will begin. For Dad and Mom that is.

Two mobile babies.

Your prayers are appreciated.

2 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

How exciting but I understand how you feel. I am so not ready for Jack to start walking any time soon!

Carrie said...

"Bad news is that adventure will begin. For Dad and Mom that is."

And for Scrubs!