Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I have recently come to the conclusion . . .

that peanut butter is the perfect food.

Don't get me wrong. I am still in love with chocolate. But peanut butter is so much more diverse. You can eat peanut butter at every meal -- smothered on an English muffin for breakfast, topped on a banana for a snack, in a sandwich for lunch, and served up Thai style at dinner. Then you can have it in your ice cream for dessert.

Chocolate is a bit more limiting. I think it just feels wrong to have chocolate at every meal -- a bit like dessert over and over and over again.

Not the good ol' PB.

And so, it is for this reason, that it has moved up in my overall rating scale -- to stand in front of the almighty chocolate. Today I ate it with an apple, with a banana, and on toast.

And it was all deliciously good.

8 comments:

Erica said...

I am going to agree with you on this one, for sure! I am a pb addict! In fact, I probably like peanut butter and jelly better than any 5 year old alive, and I crave them. And yes...peanut butter on apples, bananas, etc are amazing. Two new things to try: peanut butter on a graham cracker with some chocolate chips on top. It is to die for! Secondly, for breakfast, try a banana, some ice, some milk, and 2 tbsp peanut butter in a blender. Best smoothie ever!

Kristina said...

I totally agree. PB goes with everything!! Yum!!

Rachel and Hans said...

it's good right from the jar, too!

The Mac's House said...

I found out when my daughter was in first grade that PB on carrots makes them taste like candy. I guess this was back before they had so many kids with peanut allergies.

I'm not a huge PB fan but everyone else is in the family. My husband will have PB&J with soup, ANY type of soup which totally grosses me out.

I like to cook and bake with PB though. I've even used PB to make a sauce for pork chops, actually wasn't too bad at all.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Rachel, that I don't do ... but Scrubs does (his own jar mind you) and so did Kelsey ALL the time!

katie said...

I agree that PB is way more versatile. However, have JB try making some Mole (pronounced "mole-ay"). I never new chocolate could be used in dinner! This is a traditional Mexican dish that is delicious!

Anonymous said...

This may sound gross, but it is surprisingly VERY GOOD... spread peanut butter on bread and then add a slice of deli turkey meat on top. It's my favorite little snack/lunch.

Joia said...

Somehow I missed this post before, but I agree wholeheartedly! I LOVE peanut butter and eat it every day (at Least once!)

This morning I was making peanut butter fudge a 7 am (not for me, but...) I tried to taste some off the spoon after I poured it in the pan and burnt myself because I was too excited.. =0/