Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Perfect devotional

God always knows what we need and when we need it. Here is my August 5th morning devotional (which I just got done reading at 2:45 in the afternoon :)

Sit quietly in my presence while I bless you. Make your mind like a still pool of water, ready to receive whatever thoughts I drop into it. Rest in My sufficiency, as you consider the challenges this day presents. Do not wear yourself out by worrying about whether you can cope with the pressures. Keep looking to Me and communicating with Me, as we walk through this day together.

Take time to rest by the wayside, for I am not in a hurry. A leisurely pace accomplishes more than hurried striving. When you rush, you forget who you are and whose you are. Remember that you are royalty in My kingdom.

Psalms 37:7; Romans 8:16-17; 1 Peter 2:9 [Jesus Calling]

4 comments:

Just Believing said...

God is REALLY speaking to me today and telling me to relax and calm down!

Read my post today its funny how the two relate :)

wondrafulbaby.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That could have been written for me today, also. I have too many things on my plate right now, and need to slow down and figure out how to accomplish everything and also get rest. Every night I try to put my worries out there for God to take care of, and take one day at a time.
Thanks, Wendi!
Cheryl

Jess said...

I am really really loving this devotional right now, too. Thought it was hokey at first but now I do like it.

I have had a lot of "God moments" with it, where I feel like it was written for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. :) I so needed to her it today.

-RJMB from HP