Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wanna PRAY?

Both Elijah and Isaac have been going to bed at the same time for the last two weeks, instead of Elijah staying up for a 9pm feed. This has been really nice. We each take a boy, give them some milk, change their pajamas and diapers, and put them to bed. We usually have both boys out by 7:45.

Monday night, we finished changing both boys at the same time and convened randomly in the guest bedroom. Isaac and Elijah were both sitting on the bed, bouncing around, and Scrubs was standing by the side of the bed with his chin perched on the bedspread.

I asked JB if we should pray together, as a family, since we were all there already. This would be instead of praying individually with both boys. John said that sounded like a great idea.

So I turned to Scrubs and playfully said, "Do you want to PRAY?"

In our home, there are no words that Scrubs wants to hear more than, "Do you want to PLAY?" This is code for Wendi or JB shining the flashlight down the hallway and Scrubs throwing himself against the guestroom door. Here's a video of him doing it if you haven't seen it before.

Needless to say, Scrubs heard no difference between the word PRAY and PLAY. I did not mean to do it. It was purely coincidence. As soon as the words came out of my mouth and Scrubs' ears perked up, he backed up from the bed and ran to the hallway, standing there, waiting for me to come with the flashlight. JB looked at me and said I was so mean. I didn't mean to trick him! I really didn't!

Poor Scrubs. He had no idea I said PRAY. I felt bad so instead of praying, I got up and played some flashlight with the doggie while JB prayed and put the boys to bed.

I now know better than to ask our dog to participate in talking to God in the future!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is hilarious!

I'm actually working on a post about my dog and all the words/phrases/commands he knows. I'm up to almost 60 words!