Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Excessive cleaning up

Isaac has learned how to put away his toys! The first time I saw him put a toy in his toy basket, I made a huge deal out of it. I told him how amazing he was, how proud I was of him, how the earth should stand still because of how awesome he is, you know that sort of thing. I also did the sign for "thank you" (tapping my mouth) over and over again.

Isaac thought this was fantastic. He has begun finding anything and everything and putting it in his toy basket and then finding me, wherever I am, and making the sign for "thank you" which now seems to mean "Look Mom, I put something in the basket."

I found his milk cup in there this morning ... and now we know where to look when we can't find the remote conrtol.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so envious...however, congratulations!! It is a GREAT day when they can clean up by themselves! :) And you are so brave and such a loyal wife to do the scuba...heehee Have fun!