Sunday, March 01, 2009

Morning Mom!

One of the best things about being able to pick Isaac up again? Seeing his smiling face when I go into his room in the morning. He is such a happy kid and first thing in the morning is probably his happiest time of the day! He always wakes up chattering away.

When Joan was here, Isaac figured out that she wasn't able to "catch him" if he crawled to the back of his crib. (Joan is just a tad shorter than JB and me :) He thought running away from her in the crib was a great game, and I could hear the two of them just belly laughing from out in the living room! And Isaac has continued these escapades with his parents since Joan's departure.

Yesterday, I decided that instead of picking him and up and moving him to his changing table, I would change him right in his crib. Bad idea. Once I had the diaper off, Isaac decided to roll over and crawl around his crib. I had one heck of a time catching his little naked rear as he sped from one side of the crib to another, standing up, and jumping up and down on his mattress, before body slamming himself and going to the other side.

I think I'll stick with the changing table for awhile. But it sure was cute. I've realized that being "stern" with Isaac is going to be a challenge for me being as he just smiles and laughs about everything. We've been working on saying "no" and he is just starting to understand what it means. Sometimes I have to hide my face behind a pillow when I say it because I can't keep a straight face with his ear to ear grins.

Anyways, here are a few morning pictures Joan snagged while she was here. Love this little guy (and his little brother).




6 comments:

AW said...

Sounds like you have quite the little Monkey! These are the same games I play with JK. For whatever reason, being nekkid is just hysterical to him. I just don't get it. LOL!

Becky said...

Great pictures! I especially love Isaac's expression in the second one.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Isaac is "playing" his little game with you now too. Such a sweet little boy.

Anonymous said...

p.s. that was me...(Joan)

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! :)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

OH yes...and a sibling only makes the sin funnier! Sad to say. And Ryan and I struggle with LAUGHING at each other! :P

CUTE pics!