Monday, March 09, 2009

End of Mom's first day

9:30 p.m. Elijah fed and down. Isaac fed and down. JB three hours into first night shift. Me and Mom headed to bed.

My mother had a few comments at the end of day one. They included:

"The day felt very long." (It was.)

"I can't believe I brought a suitcase of things to read." (She didn't read anything.)

"I felt like I did nothing. Why am I so tired?" (She did a lot of baby watching, holding, and playing and not the laundry, dishes, and vacuuming she envisioned.)

"I'm glad to know you really do need me here." (Duh!)

And tomorrow, we do it all over again!

4 comments:

Em said...

Wow are you busy! Thank-you for your supportive comment on our blog! People keep telling me that as soon as we adopt, we will get pregnant again. Although it would be welcome and we would be grateful, it still would come as a shock (and be somewhat scary for us.) And seeing the proof that it does happen scares me, but my parents had my little sister and I 10 1/2 months apart. So it can be done, but wow! Thank goodness for awesome Moms!

Anonymous said...

I can totally empathize with you, Diane- the days are long. And when I was there (after the first week, which was a completely different scenario)John came home at night!
I also know what you mean about the books-I brought a few and managed to finish one in two weeks, that normally would have taken a few hours:) But the time spent that doesn't seem to be very productive- sure is precious! And sneaking in those few extra things is how you end up so "done" at the end of the day:) I know I would go into bed and collapse and feel for Wendi, having to still be the "mom" during the night. I'm so glad to read Wendi's getting more rest at night!!The good news is, this will pass quickly and everyone will be sleeping thru the night soon:) And the two weeks will pass soon, too and you'll have mixed feelings about leaving!
lots of hugs and prayers!
enjoy every minute!
Mary

Anonymous said...

This will comfort every mom if little ones -to hear those honest voices --and bring a smile with their sighs!!
Tante Jan

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Not sure those sentiments really ever go away as a mom...only change season by season!

God is so good to bless us with Children...and Moms to help out! :)