Saturday, November 22, 2008

On the mend . . .

JB got home around 5pm yesterday and was in bed by 6pm. He was awake long enough to help me give Isaac some Tylenol which didn't stay down long at all. Poor little guy! Poor big guy! Good thing I was feeling nearly back to myself. I don't know what would have happened if I would have still been down and out. Somebody has to take care of everyone!

The good news is that after both my boys slept the night away, they are both doing better today. JB is still pretty down and out, but Isaac is nearly back to himself. We were slightly concerned that John might have contracted the flu during his rotation in Pensacola, but a quick test at the hospital today confirmed that was not the case. Praise the Lord for this. Many people "say" they have the flu, but John got the actual flu once. It was horrible! It was during our first year of marriage, and he honestly stayed in bed for nearly two weeks, barely able to move.

And, believe it or not, the one person who I thought wasn't sick, woke me up at 3am this morning. Our dog was throwing up! I honestly nearly laughed out loud when I turned on the light. What a night for Scrubs to get sick. Fortunately his was just the result of too many swallowed bark chips during his playdate at the bay and not some additional illness to concern myself with. What a crew we are!

Hopefully everything will be well behind us by the time my parents come in on Wednesday. We also got good news that JB has Thursday off. We thought we were going to have to celebrate on Saturday due to his schedule so this was a wonderful surprise!

Stay well everyone.

2 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Bless your heart. Your pup too?!

God is pretty kind to not allow MOM to be too sick while others are. I have found that to be true most times.

Flu---that is a HUGE praise. Me and my 2 little ones once had the flu together (yep the test told us so) and poor Daddy had a rough time with the 3 of us!

Rest up and have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

Wendi,
The "In Labor" part just was not very nice..... I'm not prepared to head up there in Dec.
Joan