Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Stolen from Rachel

I stole this from Hans & Rachel's blog. I love it!

While I have very strong opinions about this year's election (but attempt to refrain from political talk on this blog as much as possible), I think it is important that we all realize that no man is bigger than God. God will run our country whether we want Him to or not, no matter who is in office. My very strong pro-life feelings are a chief reason for concern since both presidential candidates have very different outlooks on this topic.

Rachel's Church Bulletin (from our old church -- Christ Community in Rochester, Minnesota) on Sunday brought this home when they listed the Top 10 Predictions of this year's election. I wanted to share them with all of you. I echo these sentiments precisely! It is so important that we remember that God is at the head of this election. He is at the head of our country. All we can do is pray and vote. The rest is up to Him. Let us not forget that when we watch the results come in this evening -- no matter which way things go.

Top 10 Predictions
No matter who wins the upcoming election:
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Wendi~
I posted this on my blog a few weeks ago. My mother had it emailed to her and she forwarded it to us kids.
I have strong opinions about the elections, but like you, I try not to discuss with others unless I know for a fact they are of a like mind.
Praying God's will to shine through tonight!

Anonymous said...

I just read this now! It is SO hard not to talk politics (and I do sneak a few things in here and there) but really, in a time where the political future brings anxious thoughts to me, I love reading these 10 things. The Lord does not want us to live in fear - we just need to trust in him, right?!

p.s. Not important, but the bulletin was from Autumn Ridge Church. We have been going there the last few Sundays because they have a 9:00 traditional service that we like...I wish CCC had a more traditional service (very important to Hans). :-)