Saturday, November 29, 2008

Family time

It's been a wonderful visit with my parents! Yesterday (Friday) JB had to go to work in Pensacola. I felt so spoiled having my Mom and Dad here to hang out with me after so many late evenings by myself over the last two weeks. We hung out around the house, went for a walk, took a trip to the bay, and ate [too many] Thanksgiving leftovers. We also watched one of my favorite movies on television: Family Man. Great one to see if you haven't seen it before!

Today was another low-key day at home but this time with JB here to hang out with us. Another walk, another trip to the bay, and more leftovers for everyone started off a great day. Then around lunch time, my Mom and I got pedicures, and for dinner, my parents treated us to a great dinner at Destin Commons where JB could get Sushi, and we could get some great Thai.

I can't believe they are leaving tomorrow morning, but we are already anxiously looking toward Christmas when they will return for some more visiting.

Here's some photos from our evening with my parents. We did take some pictures with Santa too, but since I may use one of those on a Christmas card, I'll refrain from posting them on the blog until the cards go out.




P.S. In other news, yesterday marked my joining Joia in the "single digit weeks remaining" pregnancy club. I am 31 weeks. Only 9 weeks to go. I had a very rough weeks 25-29 with a lot of ligament pain, cramping, and discomfort. At that point, I wasn't sure how I could hang on for 15 more weeks! However, I am blessed to be able to report that things have gotten much better for me. I am feeling awesome. Honestly, this is probably the best I have felt yet! Normally, they say the third trimester can be the worst, but for me, so far, it is been the best. I'm going to keep praying that things continue in this direction. Only (an estimated) 62 days until we meet Elijah, and Isaac becomes a big brother.

3 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Don't cha love that HUGE tree at the commons. The best! :)
Thanks for sharing your pics.
And wow, 9 weeks... time sure flies when something good is coming! God is so good.

TAV said...

everything looks so awesome-- the food, your friends, isaac, you guys by the tree (you got to eat for two this thanksgiving-- lucky!!). 9 WEEKS!!! i can't believe it :) love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Josh says...

First off, are you sure about the name Elijah? What about Josh?

Second, I saw your Thanksgiving pictures and I must say, John did a good job. BUT, he still receives an "F" in my book because there was NO PUMPKIN PIE!!! You can't have Thanksgiving Dinner without it! That's a rule...

You're looking good by the way. We miss you guys.