Sunday, November 30, 2008

Deck the halls

My parents left this morning. I actually just spoke with them on the phone, and unfortunately, they have gotten caught in some pretty nasty post-Thanksgiving-traffic! They are 10.5 hours into their supposed-to-be 9.5 hour drive and still a good hour away from home. How frustrating. In all the times that JB and I have made that trip, we have always had wonderful traffic. I feel so bad for them and hope they don't decide to skip visiting at Christmas because of this bad experience. :(

I was sad to say good bye to my parents but excited to spend the day with my family getting ready for Christmas. We picked up a tree at the BX this morning -- opting for a small tree and just a few decorations around the house. Since Elijah is due so soon after the holidays, I don't want to be overwhelmed with how much we need to do to get the house back in shape right before he is born -- or even after he is born.

It was a great morning. JB got to go on a four mile run with Scrubs. I then took the poor pup on a two mile walk. I also managed to get a nap since I was up at 4am with a side ache I couldn't get to go away. Isaac seemed to really enjoy watching the tree go up, and Scrubs did a good job navigating the rows of lights lining the carpet as JB got everything organized.

My blog has been pretty heavy in photos recently so why stop now? Here's some more pictures of Isaac's first time decorating to celebrate Christ's birth.

Isaac has started becoming interested in more toys. He has also started to get his feelings hurt when a toy is taken away. This box became very popular, and when we tried to take the ornament (in his left hand) from him, he got a little bit upset.

Here's Isaac and Scrubs waiting to watch Wendi decorate the tree.


And here is Wendi, decorating the tree while the boys watch! This is also a glimpse into what I look like at just over 31 weeks and counting. Hard to believe I can do nine more weeks of growing.



Not the best picture of me, but it is a rare ocassion when I can get Scrubs and Isaac in a photo together.

After a bath, Isaac changed clothes. (Well, Daddy actually changed his clothes.) This is a shirt that JB's classmate at Mayo, Nicole, and her new husband, Bay, gave Isaac when he was born. I think this might be the last time he can wear it as his muscles are starting to show through. Needless to say, this will be one shirt that doesn't get given away. I think it'll stay with us for quite some time. How appropriate for the journey that brought us to Isaac. Thanks Bay & Nicole!


7 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Ok, why is my blog pic displayed as a follower on your blog but your blog pic is not displayed in my followers on my blog? Did I miss something!? :P

Anonymous said...

such great pics Wen -loved 'em!
we are back from Indonesia -safe and sound :) Have a wonderful holiday season -all month! you look great at this stage of pregnancy too! still brings tears to my eyes seeing all the joy!
Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Wow, does that boy ever stop smiling???

Jules said...

Isaac is so cute - not that I need to tell you that :)

I agree with you about not giving that shirt away. There are certain pieces of clothing that you need to keep and that is definitely one of them. I have a box of my favourite clothes and evenutally I plan on making a quilt out of them. I can barely sew a button so it should be an interesting task, don't you think? ha ha

Jules said...

Thank you SO much for the link!!!! You're the best :) I will definitely look into that company when I'm ready - maybe they'll be kind and ship to Canada :) If not, Ohio isn't too far of a drive - could be a fun road trip

Anonymous said...

Too cute! He's such a bubbly little boy. You, by the way, look amazing. It doesn't look like you've gained ANY weight except that in your tummy. HOW did you do that?!

AW said...

OMG, totally laughing out loud at Isaac's yellow t-shirt! Hysterical!