Monday, November 03, 2008

Bonding Time

It's Monday here in northern Florida. Monday is the day that Jocelyn comes to spend the morning with us.

If you are looking for Jocelyn or Scrubs, chances are you'll find them in one of these three places:

Under the coffee table. I think they were investigating something that was under the couch, but truthfully, I'm really not sure.

Playing with toys. Scrubs has really learned how to hang out with kids and not play with any of the their toys. I'm really proud of this as it was one of my biggest worries about having children coexist with my dog.


Watching a little TV. Well, Jocelyn watched while Scrubs recovered from his play date at the bay with Deuce. (I'm not sure why he looks so fat here!) Going to the bay is good practice for me as I use the double stroller and have to get two kids and the dog out of the house at the same time. (Although Jocelyn is very cooperative, and can walk, which Isaac won't be able to do when Elijah gets here.)

Still watching TV but with Jocelyn deciding to get a bit more comfortable.

Okay, onto a completely different topic. Let's talk chocolate shall we? More specifically, let's talk chocolate truffles, as illustrated in the photo below:


Yesterday after church a bunch of JB's fellow second year residents decided to go to the gun range. Afterwards, they decided to come back to our house for some pizza (and dessert!) Who brought the dessert!? Why Joia of course. She brought the chocolate truffles pictured above.

Folks, trust me on this one. They are every single bit as good as they look. I don't know how many I ate because I lost count after six. She says they were super easy. Not sure how anything that tastes that good be that super easy. Either way, how easy they were really doesn't matter. The things were AWESOME! I'd like to have them for my birthday cake next year. I'm putting my order in now.

Joia actually did a post on the guys' (and Kacey's) evening at the range and our last-minute dinner at our house. I'll refrain from reposting everything she's included and simply direct you to her blog for all the details.

P.S. On an ending note, please allow me to shift directions yet again and discuss the fact that Isaac still has no clue the time has changed. Five a.m. still feels like six a.m. to him. Not sure how we are going to get the point across that five is completely different than six. We pushed back feeding him when he got up to try to help. We'll see if that works. This is an important concept that we need him to come to understand as quickly as possible.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Hey Wendi! Ok, Jocelyn is the cutest little girl ever, and I LOVE that she loves Scrubs. It's so cute. Secondly, are those the truffles that contain oreos? If so, I know what they are, and they ARE divine!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

YES!!!! Aren't they AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I'm trusting the plate with the truffles on them is a tea cup "saucer" plate. Otherwise, if it's a dinner plate, those truffles are huge! and you ate 6 of them!? Wow, I thought I loved chocolate!
Linda

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Linda, they are actually pretty tiny -- 2 bites a piece or so.

Oh and I said I stopped COUNTING at six. :)

Anonymous said...

my daughter works at Trader Joe's (If you don't have one near you it is an awesome grocery store) but anyways she brought home some packaged cookies that look like oreos that have peppermint pieces in the middle, oh YUMMMMMMY. I bet that this recipe would be good made with them. I notice that there is a running theme in most of the recipes with Oreo cookies, they all sound delicious.

Teri