Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More bits & pieces

Lots of stuff in the news at the Kit home today. First of all, we are now three weeks and one day from baby. This morning JB told me that he feels like Owen Wilson in the movie Armageddon when he says, "I'm like 1% excited and 99% scared. Or maybe it's 99% excited and 1% scared. I'm not sure what it is, but that's what makes it so awesome." I'm not sure that's the exact quote, but it was something like that, and we laughed really hard. It's so true. We are excited and scared all rolled into one.

Last night we finished packing for baby. We now believe we have everything that little XY needs for his first week in the world -- or at least everything we think he needs. We have not packed for us yet, but we do have a list. We don't want it to take five hours to get everything together when the call comes. We hope to be able to be out the door within a minimum amount of time.

In other news, my niece Grace got her ears pierced this weekend. How cute are these pictures?



I also got some pictures from my friends Aaron & Kristen this weekend. They are the ones who adopted Noah a few months ago. What a great looking family they are!


The saddest news of all is that it is cold here! JB had to bring all his plants in last night with a freeze-warning looming. It is April! What is this Minnesota?! Okay, so seriously, I shouldn't complain as my Minnesotan-compadres had snow this last week, but still . . . warm up already!



Jumping topics even more, I am lovvvvinggg working only one job. I try to get 4-5 hours of work done a day, and usually about one hour of helping my replacement at Mayo. However, I have such freedom. Yesterday I took an hour just to clean my kitchen and do some organizing around the house.

I also have been taking Scrubs over to the bay every evening to play with new Frisbee. I bought a Frisbee that claimed to "battle tested" and so far, it is holding up against Scrubs' rigorous play and has not ripped or torn yet. It also just happened to be Dalmatian pattern which is really cute. Scrubs lovvveees to play with his Frisbee. He has now gotten pretty good at it and is catching it about 50% of the time. The other 25% he almost catches it but the thick rim on the Frisbee bounces out of his mouth. The other 25% has Wendi initiating a horrible throw. Yesterday, one of those throws ended up in a tree. I tried to use his heavy leash to knock it out which subsequently followed suit by hanging itself in the tree. Two benches stacked on top of each other later, and we were off playing again. Sometimes, my friend Bobbie's lab Deuce comes out to play too. He doesn't like to play Frisbee. He likes to wrestle with Scrubs and also do some other unmentionable actions to Scrubs nearly constantly. We just laugh. Scrubs lets Deuce do the unmentionables to him but then as soon as I throw the Frisbee, Scrubs is off to catch the Frisbee. Bobbie has four kids who love to come out and play fetch with Scrubs too. It's a great time. If I can, I'll try to get some video of it one of these nights. Bobbie's oldest daughter Paige, is fourteen. I've already eyed her out for some babysitting!

Scrubs' wound is looking a bit better. JB talked to his former-vet classmate. She said the swelling is pretty normal and not to worry, it will eventually die down and Scrubs will quit licking it so much. Here's a picture of Scrubs just a few minutes ago with his wound showing up pretty clearly. After Scrubs gets up with us at 6am, goes potty, and eats, he always returns to his couch for a few hours of continued sleep.


I'm also watching closely to see who has their baby first: me or Katie. Katie was a classmate of JB's from medical school who is doing medicine through the Army in Texas. She's about a week ahead of us so we'll see who finishes this race first!

Enjoy a beautiful Tuesday everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love blogs. It's so awesome to not lose touch with you when I'm away! =)

Amy T. S. said...

Poor Scrub-a-dub. :o(