Friday, April 11, 2008

At long last . . .

OUR DOSSIER IS ON THE WAY TO CHINA!

I'm not going to focus on the fact that I found out yesterday we have to drive back to Jacksonville every 15 months to get re-fingerprinted, update our home study every 12 months, and resubmit our immigration paperwork every year. I'm also trying not to think about the fact that the wait-time is up to 30 months. I'm going to focus on the fact that we should have our LID (log-in date) sometime this month! I have the fed-ex tracking number to find out when it arrives in Beijing. I've never mailed something to China before. It's quite exhilarating.

I will, of course, let you know when it arrives.

On a completely separate note, I am curious as to why a dog leaves the place he is sleeping in the kitchen, (tile floor) to go into the living room (carpet floor) to get rid of whatever he ate that upset his stomach. I asked Scrubs this while I was scrubbing the carpet and spraying carpet cleaner and scrubbing again. He just tilted his head, yawned, and meandered back to the kitchen (and the tile) for a nap-continuation as if nothing had occurred at all. Something tells me he doesn't intend to answer my question and doesn't see a problem with his choice of "perfect spots."

(Sorry to post about this mom. I know you'd prefer I didn't mention the unmentionables.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He didn't want to throw up in his "bed".

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

That's what JB said. I think it's a dumb reason!

Anonymous said...

it's ok. you weren't real graphic and it's different when it's my granddog!! Maybe he was hoping you would open the door so he could go outside? So glad all your stuff is falling into place. I just saw Joan here w/ friends from Vermont to see the plant.
Love you! mom

Anonymous said...

over the years I've found out that dogs (and cats) always prefer to throw up on carpets.... and I still can't figure it out. Maybe they know it is much harder for us to clean up than on the floor?!! Never a nice chore!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

My cat chooses to throw up on the new couch, or the new area rug...or on the bed( never on the tile!)...mmmm, she sleeps on all three so she must not care about THAT!!!I think she is probably asleep on the particular spot and is TOO lazy to get up and move before barfing...thats a cat for ya! Maybe they are "testing" our love to see if its unconditional??? Can they be that smart?? Naw, probably not...N

Anonymous said...

my friend has a huge house with all hard wood floors and one small white area rug by her couch in theliving room -that is where the dog decides to get sick.she is so frustrated.
love Tante Jan