Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What I am doing everyday?

So . . . what does a only-working-half-as-much-as-she-used-to-but-baby-still-isn't-here-day look like? I thought that maybe I'd fill a post with what I am doing now a days. I am currently working about 5-6 hours a day. This is more than the 20 hours a week I will be doing when baby gets here, but I am doing everything I can to be way ahead by the time the little one joins us.

Here is a traditional day for me.

5:30-6:00 am -- wake up with JB

6:00-7:00am -- do devotions, eat breakfast with JB, get garbage out etc.

7:00am -- JB leaves :( Bummer!

7:00am-10:00am -- work

10:00-11:00am -- Take Scrubs to the bay for a Frisbee playing session

11:00-2:30pm -- Do some chores around the house, some more work, eat lunch, blog, etc.

2:30pm -- Watch "Adoption Stories" on Discovery Health (I love this show!)

3:00-4:00pm -- Go for a run with the dog

4:00pm-7:00pm -- Do some chores around the house, some more work, play with Scrubs, blog, etc.

7:00pm -- JB gets home! Yay!

Usually, most days, I end up doing something away from the house. This includes yesterday when I took my friend Johanna to pick up her car at the airport. Yesterday, I also got a call from a very old friend, Tony B., one of my best friends from high school so I got to talk to him for awhile. We haven't talked in nearly ten years! He's doing great and is a husband and dad now and quite the grown up! He stumbled upon my blog a few months ago and has read the entire thing from start to finish! How impressive is that? Especially because I don't remember that he liked to read very much. :) Good memories! Today I also did lunch with the wifia at Joia's house. She made an AMAZING ice cream cake dessert. OH MY GOSH! It rocked. Her best performance ever!

Anyways, so that is quick overview of what is going on in my life. My days, since dropping one job, have been MUCH more relaxed. I am loving it!

Now, please don't post a comment which says: "Well, enjoy. That is all about to change." Sorry, but I am always honest on this blog, and I just have to tell you not to do that. :)

I KNOW it is about to change, and I am not dreading it. I am thrilled about it. You have to understand that I have spent the last fifteen years of my life dreaming about the day that I could be a stay-at-home mom and spend my day taking care of a child. More specifically, I have spent the last five years watching everyone I know become parents while we continued just being the two of us.

I know it will be hard. I know I'll be busy. I know I won't sleep. I know my life will change. The thing is, people keep warning me about these things as they play with their two or three or four or five little kids. So that means that obviously, giving up their freedom was worth it, right? I mean the people that warn me aren't people that had one child and never had another one again. They are people that did it, dealt with it, loved it, and decided, "Hey it's worth it. Let's do that again." That being said, I do not feel naive whatsoever. I have babysat and been around children plenty. I want a turn. I know it will not be easy. I know I'll be challenged, scared, overwhelmed, frustrated, disappointed, and lost . . . but that's okay. I'm choosing that avenue as people since the beginning of time have chosen that avenue. There's a reason people choose to have children, and I'm excited that we will soon have that chance.

Okay, stepping off soap box now! Seven days and counting . . . today, my birthday reminders sent me a reminder for Bri's birthday. Since her birthday is the day the baby is due, this caused my blood pressure to rise. It was basically like getting a reminder for Isaac's due date. Woah! Almost there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I like to read....sometimes.
Parenthood is the greatest thing in the world.
Sleep is overrated. But I can tell you this you will be sitting there just watching him waiting for him to do things but most of the time will be spent eating and sleeping.
Ava is at the awesome age where she is learning new things and having all of these discoveries. Just enjoy every single minute because time will fliy by and he will be asking for the keys to the car. lol.
Tony B.

June said...

"Now, please don't post a comment which says: 'Well, enjoy. That is all about to change.'"

I have no idea why people feel compelled to say that (I've been hearing it a bit, too). I mean, duh! Of course it is! That's the whole point! :)

Counting down with you (my EDD is 5/25) - I feel like I'm on the roller coaster car that is ratcheting toward the top of the hill... Just a few more days or weeks until we crest the peak and start flying downhill!

PS - your nursery looks great.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well Tony, you have a girl ... and a really cute one at that. That has to be a bit concerning. :)

And June, I think you said it best, "That's the point!"

I love that!

AW said...

Enjoy it, it's all about to change!

Just kidding! But seriously, yes, it's about to change and you'll never look back. I've been more sleep deprived than I have ever been in my life. And it's worth it!!! Tony's right...sleep is overrated. :-)

I was so tired when Jon was colicky that I couldn't wait for him to sleep through the night. But now that he sleeps from 7pm - 6am I MISS HIM. Usually about 9:15 or so, I have to check on him and just smell his sweet babyness. And then I do it again about an hour later when I go to bed. I honestly can't get enough. Even if I've slept badly through the night (still struggling with insomnia), I'm usually the first to jump out of bed when he wakes up. I can't wait to see that silly sweet face over the crib rails.

So yes, you'll love it and it'll be worth it and some days will be hard, but you won't even care!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, it is worth every frustrating, sleepless, glorious moment, enjoy them all, they go so fast... = )

...from a mother of 5 and grandmother of 4 who just had a five year old and a two year old for 6 days straight... Yep, little people are fantastic. We are all rooting for you and JB Wendi. Watching the countdown...

Anonymous said...

Ditto on everyones comment. You are right that if it was so horrible people wouldn't have multiple children.

Here is one way to look at it, Wendi. If I can do it (4 children) you can definately do it. You are going to be an AWSOME mom!!!