Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Snapshots of preparation

Well, what better to do as we wait to get word it is time to go to Fort Lauderdale, than to take pictures of what we've been doing, how we've been preparing, and the status of the nursery. Here's some more waiting-for-Isaac-and-feeling-like-he'll-never-get-here-snaps . . .


First a few overall pictures of the now, completely-finished-with-nothing-left-to-do nursery.










And now a few more random shots to share:


Someone asked the other day what a luvy is. I'm not sure what the correct names are for these things. But here's a sample "luvy".




Here's a collection of four "luvys". JB thinks a luvy is a complete un-masculine thing to call these, but I told him that unless he comes up with a new name before Isaac gets here, I'll call it luvy, luvy will stick, and it will be luvy forever. Oh and he won't be allowed to complain about it being "stupid" ever again. He tells me he is trying to come up with something. We'll see.


A few of the cute little animals we've received.


Here is one of our two Story People pictures. If you can't read this it says: "In my dream, he told me to hold the secret of his birth safe and teach him when he forgot." This was a gift from JB's sister Katie and her husband Eddie for Christmas. The frame that this picture is in is one of only a handful of things we bought for the nursery.



Here is our second story people picture that we ordered and just received and framed. This one says: "For a long time, there were only your footprints and laughter in our dreams and even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." A copy of this has been on my fridge since our last failed IVF, but we finally splurged and bought the print and a frame!




Here are just some of Isaac's clothes. I have everything from 18 months and up in another room.


I love baskets and organization! They make me feel so in control! :)


The bookshelf in the corner.



I have been going through and washing some of the new clothes we have received by size. I am doing newborn right now. I am not washing things that are hand-me-down but am trying to get through all the new things.

Somehow, a little collection of Curious George has emerged in our nursery. Curious George was my first (and favorite) doll when I was a baby, and my parents have continued on the tradition for little Isaac. In addition, without knowing it, Rita L. at FLCS gave us an entire basket with the George theme! It was adorable!!! JB bought the movie the other night at Target. It's really cute.



We bought this with some of our gift certificates. I stole the idea from wifia member Sarah. This will be perfect for bottles! We aren't going to used distilled water (not recommended) but are going to fill this jug manually from the Brita. Then I can just mix the perfect amount of hot and cold, straight from this machine, and have a warm bottle! I am very excited about this since we will not be breast feeding, obviously, and will therefore be making a lot of bottles.



Another thing we bought with our gift certificates was this gate which will be a HUGE blessing with the baby. We currently put up a gate when we want to contain Scrubs and step over it, obviously not something to do with a baby in your arms. JB had to rig it a bit (thus the wood on the sides) but we plan to paint that, someday, to blend in better. Scrubs just happened to wander through as I prepared to take this photo.

So that is life in the Kit. home currently and what has been going on. JB is on OB and thus leaving before 7 every morning and getting home well after 7 every night. Oh well. This is his last week.

This video below really has nothing to do with the blog at hand, but I'm including it here just because it was on my camera with all my photos. Scrubs had gone on one of his power runs, and I was trying to catch him in the action. Of course, as usual, he stopped running when the camera was in view, but if you watch carefully, he proceeds to bless me with a huge burp instead! :) The burp was so loud, I think it even surprised Scrubs.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wen
that has got to be the cutest nursery i've ever seen... i love the luvy's!...you ought to have a contest for a word John could handle :)
tante jan

Anonymous said...

something with the word "critters" sounds good to me
tante

Anonymous said...

you have really done a nice job with the nursery, wendi (and john!). i'll have to admit that i'm a little jealous of the eglin friends that will be able to visit you guys so soon (and so often!).
:-)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

How about "critter fritter". That sounds cute and not too girly.

Oh and Rachel, your next month shouldn't be too busy. Come visit! :)

Anonymous said...

How about "buddy's"?
Linda

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Linda, I love it! Let me confirm with the captain but I am sold! Buddy. That's great!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like Snuggles or Huggables but I think that is already the name of laundry detergent and diapers.
Buddy IS cute.

Ryan & Katie Myhre said...

we are so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!! you have the most incredible miracle in the entire world headed your way. we love you and are thinking of you often and we now understand what a blessing our two families are experiencing at the same time. hugs to isaac from kieran as he prepares to be born:)

Anonymous said...

Quick comment about all the curious george stuff - Target's $1 spot had a ton of cute C.G. stuff. It was of the new version of him, but it was still cute. If you're a C.G purist like my dh then it's just not as good, but I picked up some cute stuff anyway.

Aimee said...

In the movie "Mr. Mom", they called the luvy a woobie. See if he likes that, otherwise, most people I know, call it a luvy or a blankie.
The nursery looks great! Hope that Florida sun will come our way soon, MN can't seem to make up its mind if it wants spring or not.
Praying for a safe delivery and trip for you to pick him up.
Best Wishes!

yuan family said...

You are SO organized Wendi..I love the nursery!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize dogs could burp so loudly!