Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Jumping ahead

At Christmas, Joan sent me this awesome book by Sarah Young called Jesus calling. I did my devotions in XY's room this morning. JB has encouraged me to spend more time in there so Scrubs can me see in the rocker often. So I sat down, equipped with my devotional books and a squirt bottle in case little Scrubby decided to go after a Curious George or a giraffe. I only had to shoot him one time -- good job Mr. Scrubs.

(Speaking of Scrubs, this morning we had a major breakthrough. He had a sock in his mouth which when requested to "LEAVE!", walked up to me, dropped, and left without a chase or yelling match! Yes!!!!)

Anyways, during my devotional time in Jesus Calling this morning, I decided to skip ahead to the May 7th journal entry. Isn't this an ironic entry for the due date of our little guy.

You are Mine for all time; nothing can separate you from My Love. Since I have invested My very Life in you, be well assured that I will also take care of you. When your mind goes into neutral and your thoughts flow freely, you tend to feel anxious and alone. Your focus becomes problem solving. To get your mind back into gear, just turn toward Me, bringing yourself and your problems into My presence.

Many problems vanish instantly in the Light of My Love, because you realize you are never alone. Other problems may remain, but they become secondary to knowing Me and rejoicing in the relationship I so freely offer you. Each moment you can choose to practice My Presence or to practice the presence of problems. (Romans 8:38-39; Exodus 33:14).

If that isn't encouragement and strength during a time of waiting, anxiousness, excitement, and worry, I don't know what it is. What a blessing.

Last night, JB took me out for dinner. It was wonderful to just sit and talk, catch up, and spend time together. I had no idea how badly I needed that time with him. I am so blessed to be married to that man -- and yes, those of you who don't know, JB's Dad is a carpenter/contractor so add to his four sons' arsenal of skills, an ability to fix all kinds of things and paint with great perfectionism! The room looks so beautiful. We were also blessed yesterday to receive our Safari light plates in the mail from my Aunt Linda. A great finishing touch.

Today, the wifia is meeting at Postal Point, a beach on base, for a fun outside lunch. I'll try to take pictures today (or steal them from Joia at the very least.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey wendi! i can't beleive the baby is due in 3 weeks and 6 days! may 7! how exciting! i can't wait to see u guys and the baby! i just wanted to say hi and that i love you guys!