Friday, April 25, 2008

Night of celebration!

Last night, the wifia threw a shower for me at Jodi's house in Bluewater Bay. Joia and Jodi headed this event up, and I know that Jamie and Sarah also brought food as well in helping. Joia made an ADORABLE cake which I will show on the blog at a later date. She is so good at these! Thank you ladies! It was a wonderful evening and just a great time to get together without any of the kids. Everyone there has kids except Jodi and I (well, and Kristen, who is due the day before Bri.)

We were blessed with even more wonderful things! Despite the fact that this was my fifth shower, I didn't receive any duplicates and received a lot of things from the moms that they got without looking at my registry -- things that they just felt I needed. I loved this! For instance Joia got us a pacifier with an attachment for our trips in the airport (to avoid dirty trips to the floor) and sheets for our pack-n-play. Andrea got me some little toys that her son Johnathon loved, and Heather gave me my first race car. I also got some beautiful clothes, and some very unique gifts including a portrait sitting (how awesome is that?!), a handmade luvy, lotions for me, diapers, a five-year handprint set, and, from Jodi, free Scrubs-sitting when we go to pick up XY!!!! Oh and Joia also gave me a Three Musketeer bar! Yay! I love people who love to eat as much as I do!

Anyways, here are some other photos from the shower. Thanks ladies for making this such a wonderful evening. It still feels like I am playing make-believe. Thirteen days 'til due-date!

You can also view Joia's post on the events (where photos were stolen from anyways), here.



Here is the entire group that was there last night. Back row from left includes Aimee and Pam (friends from neighborhood), Andrea (wifia), Kristen (neighbor behind me), Johanna (wifia), Heather (from neighborhood), Joia (wifia). Middle row is from left: me (duh!), Tiffany (wifia), Jamie (friend from neighborhood), and Sarah (wifia). Jodi is the front row gal (wifia too!)


Fun snapshot of everyone talking. I really enjoy these casual showers. A time for all the ladies to get together without children and just hang out together. Jodi and I are the only ones there without kids so everyone is enjoying a night of kid-free-time!


Some of our gifts. AD -- check out the hippo! I'll be giving you that bag! (My sis-in-law AD loves hippos!)


Opening a card. Joia has more photos of my opening gifts on her blog, but I always think I look weird in these.

Here is Jamie, Sarah, and Heather. Jamie is a wonderful new friend. She has a son, Donovan, and a great little dog named Kucher. Sarah, is a member of the wifia, and Heather, is the gal who has the two labs that I sometimes dog-sit for. They are sweet pups: Caesar and Sully.

Heather and Kristen. Kristen just moved in behind us a few months ago. Kristen is due on May 6th, the day before Bri, so I always compare the two of them. Heather is due in August with her second.


I love Joia's artistic shots!


Goody bags! Fun goodies and another artistic shot!

Joia and me

6 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well, I finally flubbed and put baby's name on the blog. Sorry I had to delete whoever put that comment. If you saw it, keep it to yourself please! :) :) Lucky people who read this before I saw that comment! Ha! We have started sharing the name here and there but have not put it on the blog yet. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun shower, Wendi! We can't wait to see pitures of you and your new little guy...counting down the days with you! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I meant PICTURES, of course. :)

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time! Just a question: What is a "luvy"??
Guess that was before my time!!
Cheryl

yuan family said...

How fun! I am getting so excited!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Cheryl,

A luvy is like one of these little animal heads sewn to a blanket. I am not exactly sure what they are called ... sort of like a blue bunny but without a body on bunny and a blanket instead. Okay, I think that was a bad analogy. Maybe I should just take a photo.