Sunday, August 11, 2024

365 Days of Rest #25







I don't know if I would call it ... restful. But there was definitely some beauty in today. My nephew Gabe got baptized and then we had a picnic at his grandparents' house (my Uncle and Aunt) afterwards. Later that evening, John and I had a meeting to attend so we sent the kids home in one car with Isaac behind the wheel (GULP!) and John and I went and chilled at my parents' house for an hour or so before the meeting.

Speaking of my parents, they have returned to Florida after a beautiful summer in Tennessee!

Like I said, today wasn't completely restful. But I prepared for it by going easier on myself on Saturday and making sure I had the rest time before the meeting. I am consciously making so many different decisions to make my life sweeter and easier and calmer and more ... peaceful. 

Tomorrow is the first day of school so it will be hard to put in Rest #26 ... but I'm going to go for it!



No comments: