Saturday, August 24, 2024

365 Days of Rest #34

Today was one of those days that made rest challenging. It was ballet try-out day. This happens once a year and is in preparation for the show they do every January. This year's show will be Snow White. Three of my kids tried out. And Sidge will, as usual, do backstage. 

I help a lot with the ballet and with the try-outs. Central Ballet is our community and our family. We pour into Heritage Home Scholars (our co-op) and CBT. We also love our church and many of the people overlap at these two places. 

However, despite having trouble finding rest today, I still managed to carve it out. I took time to go over to my parents' house. (They are back in Florida and the Dunhams don't arrive at their house to rent it until tomorrow.) I took a good hour and just rested. I also, purposefully, found quiet places at the Ballet try-out (which isn't easy because there are so many people) to not talk for a bit and just be

These are purposeful and conscious decisions to get rest even when chaos is surrounding you. Or when you just can't find the time. You can still try to etch out down time. 

I did that today. And I am proud of myself for that!






No comments: