Friday, August 16, 2024

365 Days of Rest #30

John headed out of town this weekend. He is actually at a concert with Isaac. I'll post more about that soon. John, is actually at dinner as we speak with an old friend from our past: Ronnie Ray. More on that too I am sure. 

In the meantime, I have been doing very well emotionally. I can't say for sure that I am "through" it, but I definitely know I am through the worst of it, and while I may have some little blips, I think the worst of the blips are over. 

So yesterday, I decided to take the kids (minus Isaac of course) to The Factory Adventure. Our friend Anni works there now. It's a great situation for her because she is able to homeschool her now kindergartner, Tristan, as Tristan can go to work with her!

Anyways, we met the older Shrader kiddos there and hung out. Then we grabbed some Chik-fil-A. Later that evening, their family introduced us to Bluey Oh my goodness is that show something else. I am sure I am way behind the times, but instead of rushing back home, I sat down and just watched an episode of Bluey. 

This morning, when I woke up, I came out to find the girls embracing the Bluey even more. And I just let them. Today, we sat around. We watched one, two, three of the Hunger Games movies. Yes, we got some sheep work done. And a few house chores. But, again, I am working more and more on R-E-S-T. 

I'm thinking of it everyday. How can I r-e-s-t today. How can I not end up back in the same darn cycle of GRIND that we are all doing all the time. I am not grinding anymore

I moved here for a slow life. It's hard to get that life. But I'm in search of it. It's where I can most spend time with Jesus. And be my best self. 

So . . . 365 days of Rest.

 

 feel like I have made it through this hard six months. I know there will still be some light dips, but I do think the worst of it is behind me.



No comments: