Monday, August 19, 2024

365 Days of Rest #31

Scripture Mapping! I am LOVING find who Wendi is and what works for her! I am loving not trying to fit into what I should do and how I should do it! I love figuring out how MY mind works. 

Ever since I was young, I found myself unable to focus and concentrate for long periods of time unless my hands were moving. Church felt like torture. When I got my job at Mayo Clinic, they introduced me to different learning styles, and I became aware that I need to approach things a bit differently. But how to do that? And what would people think if they saw me coloring at church?

You know what: 

I

Don't

Care.

Oh, it feels so amazing to say that. It feels so amazing to say, I really don't care. And not just say it but feel it. I can feel it. The freedom is simply taking my breath away. 

This was, without a doubt, the worst six months of my life. Worse than infertility and worse than my pregnancy with the Pomegranate.But holy cow, if this is what it is like on the other side, it is worth it. To understand rest. To understand being with Jesus in the way that my brain and heart needs to be with Jesus. 

It's beautiful.






No comments: