Friday, April 10, 2020

Friday Funnies

The kids headed outside to play baseball together. 

Elijah: "My team's name is the Hungarian Horntails."

Hannah: "Awww! I like that one. Can that be my team's name?"

Elijah: "No, I picked it first. But there are other types of dragons in Harry Potter."

Hannah: "Oh good. What are they?"

Elijah: "Well the biggest of all the dragons are the Ukrainian Ironbellies."

Hannah: (Eyes big.) "Wow! I like that one ..." (Brow furrows) "But I can't say it." (All excited again) "What's another one?"

*****

I woke up on Thursday morning to a text coming in from my buddy Anni. She said: 

"Just woke up from a weiuuirrrd dream about you. No John, no kids.... it was you and your dad in your sports life ... basically your dad found a secret room under a stadium and made you quarantine there. And you had realll long hair like Rapunzel and the room had industrial stuff like a huge mixer. And you had to get to the room by digging through asphalt. And there were guys dressed in three piece suits who were in charge of you, so maybe it was more of a hostage situation. And you got in biggg trouble cuz your dad broke a mug." 

No comments: