Saturday, April 18, 2020

We Bought a Farm: Supporting your local community

"Who needs T.V. when you can watch a true reality show?"


In the midst of this crazy reality show that we call our life, I decided that I wanted to try to focus on supporting my local community as best I could during this time. 

It's hard. We are stuck at home. We aren't going to movies or restaurants. How can I keep paying into this community from afar? 

I found Renegade Wood online and hired them to make us a Corn Hole game to give us something else to do outside during this time. I was so impressed with them!

We did everything online and through PayPal. They even delivered it for me for a small fee! (We even set up a way we could handle the delivery without having to physically "connect" due to the quarantine.)

The Corn Hole game has some magnets on the back for keeping score (so cool!) and a little area underneath the game to store the beanbags. They even made the beanbags with fantastic little chickens and farm animals. 

During this crazy time in our town, our country, our world, see how you can keep these small businesses going however you can. Figure out ways to support people. Get creative. 

An example: I need some curtains. I've decided instead of just ordering some on Amazon, I'm going to let a friend make them for me. 

Things like that. 

We live in a great community. We live in a great state. We live in a great country. It's a great world. 

It's God's world. It may feel like it is out of control right now, but it isn't. God will always be God.

And Corn Hole will always be a super fun game for beautiful spring days!







1 comment:

Rinette said...

Nice! I did not know that game. I was thinking of making Kubb, but now you gave me the idea of asking someone to make it for us (do you know Kubb?) Thanks for the idea. Rinette