Friday, April 17, 2020

We We Bought a Farm: The story of a very old dead rabbit, a dog, and the husband who saved the day

I have a story to tell about one female Aussie dog who got a hold of a dead rabbit this morning. She ate the dead rabbit. We didn't know it. But we found out when she upchucked the rabbit in our inside dog kennel.

Here is a video I took right after discovering the incredibly stinky dead rabbit.


In all of my years of dogs and babies, have never met a bodily fluid I have not be able to tackle.

Until this morning.

This throw-up defeated me. 

It was beyond stinky. And it was in a little confined place. I absolutely could not do it. 

I considered bribing the kids, but while I joked about it in the video above, to be honest, the mess was too tricky for any of them to clean up. 

So I called in reinforcements.

I called in my Doctor Husband. 

The first time he walked through the living room, and I told him about the upchucking, he said jokingly: "Well, you are the one who made them indoor dogs."

(This is true. They were supposed to be outdoor dogs. I own this decision.)

But after I tried for a second time to go into the kennel and clean it up and nearly lost my own lunch, I went to him again and asked him, and he agreed to clean it up.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. I mean I deal with really gross stuff at work. I am experienced at how to breathe through my mouth."

Honestly: I am not sure a fancy dinner or an expensive night away at a hotel would have meant more to me than hearing the words: 

"I'll clean up the very old dead rabbit that your dog just threw up in a small confined place."

Music to my ears,

1 comment:

Kathleen Job said...

Ah, so that's what was bothering her, not the puppies. She could've barfed all over you and the girls! Nice guy, Wendi!