Monday, January 04, 2016

My 2015 Top Recommendations

I decided to highlight some of my favorite things from the year 2015!
  1. EVERYTHING Julie Lessman This is my #1 recommendation for the year ... every single book this woman has written! By far my new favorite author. You NEED to take a moment to try out her writing. Great Christian romance. Just love her and her writing.
  2. War Room Best Christian movie I have ever seen and the second best recommendation of the year from me.
  3. The Rosie Project One of the funniest books I have read in a long time. Not a Christian book and not always appropriate, but so fun!
  4. Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend I really liked this book. Really different and not like anything I had ever read! A great look into autism and imaginary friends all rolled up into one -- told from the viewpoint of the imaginary friend. So interesting!
  5. Unconditional Second best Christian movie I have ever seen. Excellent. Is available on Netflix.
  6. Two Bros Bows Awesome outdoor toy that I cannot recommend enough!
  7. The Girl from The Train Excellent Christian historical fiction book.
  8. The Waiting Great book on adoption. Fantastic story.
  9. Sequence for Kids Great game that the whole family can enjoy and play!
  10. Return to the Hiding Place Excellent film. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
And a few honorable mentions ....
  1. The Girls' Coloring Book Best coloring book Abigail has ever had.
  2. I Prayed for You Great book for the new baby in your life.
  3. Tiny Bear's Bible Great book for the new baby in your life.

2 comments:

Julie Lessman said...

LOL, Wendi ... you did it again, my friend ... MADE MY DAY!!!

I can't thank you enough for all the support you have given me, but MOST of all, I thank you for your friendship, which has been a total blessing!

I wish you and yours a happy, healthy, and holy holiday season.

Hugs,
Julie

Jennifer said...

I just finished Rosie Project and started The Rosie Effect. It is not quite as good as the first one, but still pretty good