Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Adoption and Abortion

I read this quote online and it really spoke to me. She so perfectly captured my words as I watch all my kids, but specifically my beautiful Isaac, grow into a young man.

"Why those of us who support adoption cannot condone abortion? Our kids are here because someone chose life. "As an adopted person, from a family with many adopted people. I can only say I was a person from the very beginning. We all were, from day one unique individuals, alive, with our own set of DNA like no others and deserving of fundamental rights. I thank God I am alive. My mother was unmarried, homeless, burdened with a child and pregnant with me, in a city with no family, and yet I was me.  I was not a choice, I was a human being, in the womb, out of the womb. My mother's situation was dire, but I bend a knee in prayer for her because in all her misery, and yet she knew in her broken heart that I was not hers to kill, but a person that deserved my life. I speak for those that cannot yet speak. All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. May God forgive and heal a generation of women that have been lead down a dark and destructive path and may they return to be true peace activists and defenders of the rights of man by being more merciful, hopeful and following a more natural path. Hope, love and life can never be the wrong answer." -- Gayle

No comments: